What’s a modality and why do I want more?
A MODALITY is any healing action or energy based activity that creates greater coherence, well-being and balance in our physical, emotional and mental bodies. A modality is used to “in-put” energy into the body-mind system and can include sound, color and light, breath, movement, energetic contacts and processes specifically designed to create balance in our bodies, minds and emotions.
In the system of Resonance Repatterning practitioners know how important modalities are for our clients; it’s the moment they actively take ownership for creating their own wellbeing. We’ve held a safe space, we’ve guided them, we’ve heard them, acknowledged their pain, their hopes their joys. And now the ideal modality is identified and our client is empowered to create the positive movement, the shift, the healing that they came to us for. They gave us their trust and we give them the space and then the power to heal.
Tamara De Ghellinck, a Brain Gym practitioner shared the following modality with me. If you like this, post a new modality you’ve learned in the comments field below and let the exchange begin.
Integration Metaphor Modality
The object of this modality is to bring balance to the left and right hemispheres of the brain physically, emotionally and most important, mentally.
- Ask your client to place one hand on either side of their head and pop out each hemisphere of their brain. Ask them to make a little “pop” sound when they’re lifting out the hemispheres.
- Ask your client to let their arms fall to their sides with their hands wide apart. Invite them to close their eyes and listen to their brain hemispheres.
- Invite your client to sense what is going on…what are they feeling, how is the left hemisphere and how is the right hemisphere? Allow them to observe and acknowledge any feelings, sensations, thoughts, and colors. Ask them to welcome any information and sensations free of judgment or resistance.
- Ask your client if they’d like to say something to one or both of the hemisphere’s about any conflict their experiencing over the problem or goal. Example: ”Right hemisphere I feel you’re tired, that’s ok, please allow more energy to flow so you and the left hemisphere can work together as a team to reach my goal of…”
- Next invite your client to turn the palms of each hand towards one another and see if both hemispheres are attracted to each other. During this process the person can still acknowledge, welcome and ask for changes for one or both hemispheres.
- When the hands come together ask them to finish with the palms together and fingers intertwined.
- Encourage them to say anything else to their brain. Have them say “thank you” to both hemispheres.
- When the client is ready invite them to put both brain hemispheres back into place making a little “click” sound as the hemispheres return to their places.
- Allow them time to breathe and integrate their whole and balanced brain.