I enjoy books which are presented in a form that can be turned around into a Resonance Repatterning® process. Therefore, I was delighted to discover the book The Greatest Secret of All, by Marc Allen. Marc Allen sets out to identify core beliefs (that can be changed) and conversely core affirmations—that can create.
The core belief process consists of identifying the answers to the following eight questions:
1. What is the problem? That one we know.
2. What are you feeling physically? Marc states that our negative emotions lie lower in the body than love, which resides in our heart.
3. What are you feeling emotionally? At the bottom of all those feelings lies fear.
4. What am I telling myself repeatedly? With this question we get an opportunity to look at the negative statements we repeatedly tell ourselves rather than being their victim.
5. What’s the worst that could happen? And then–what’s the very worst that could happen? In other words, what is behind all these fears? We often try to hide our worst fears from ourselves. This question allows the worst to show up. It is often something that actually could not happen.
6. What’s the best thing that could happen? Inevitably the best thing that can happen is much more challenging for us to connect to than the fear. We have been telling our worst scenario and rarely do we visit our ideal scenario.
7. What’s preventing that best-case scenario from happening? Whatever thoughts float up are your deep underlying beliefs. Those thoughts are the ‘I am of no value’ type.
8. What affirmation completely contradicts that belief? That core affirmation is what can create what we desire.
Marc states in his book that you don’t have to believe the positive statements; he says you just have to identify them. He said that he personally prefers “I am creating___” statements over “I have___” statements. He explains that “I am creating_____” statements are easier for the subconscious mind to acknowledge.
Marc summarizes the process as: Dare to dream and make a plan.
And finally, Marc describes “greatest secret of all” as becoming our own teacher and trusting our inner guidance, being the master within. The greatest secret is about loving and serving yourself and others. He states that one must become fulfilled before you can help others be fulfilled. One must serve oneself before one can serve others.
As I said, this formula can easily be used as a delightful repatterning. Try it. You will like it.
Sally Herr is a Certified Member of RPA and is Chair of the Journal Committee. She is a Resonance Repatterning Practitioner in Portland, Maine, and provides sessions in person, by phone and in groups. She can be contacted at www.sallyherr.com.